Wednesday, May 1, 2013

#AtoZChallenge: #Firefighter #Safety - Y is for YOU

Today is technically the last day of the A-to-Z Challenge.  I didn't get to write the post for the letter "Y" Yesterday (okay that was totally unplanned) so am having to get it done today, followed by the final post for letter "Z"

YouThe most important aspect of all this Firefighter Safety stuff I've been spouting this past month is YOU!  Y-O-U! YOU!  No, I'm not saying that you should be selfish, thinking only of yourself (not that I see that as a problem - everything I've seen shows huge/selfless hearts & awesome sense of of humor....)  I'm saying that you need to make sure you are taking care of yourself and that your being as safe as it is possible to be.  Your no good to anyone else if you don't.  Make sure you are taking care of all aspects of your health.  We all know that Physical Health & Fitness is an important aspect to the safety of a firefighter, but Mental and Emotional health are just as important.  Make sure your keeping yourself safe and using all necessary Gear and PPE.  Be Game Ready Every Call Every Time (You can't help anyone else if you become a         victim yourself.

Remember YOU are Important and STAYSAFE!!!

Note:  It's taken longer to get this done than I expected (something about distractions and all)....  So I'll have to do "Z" tomorrow.

And now for 5 Blogs I came across:
FlashTyme
Giggling Truckers Wife
Frankly Creative
Writing Women's Fiction
Between You and Me
A Mom's Point of View

No comments:

Post a Comment