Wednesday, April 24, 2013

#AtoZChallenge: #Firefighter #Safety - T is for TeamWork

I actually wrote this last night and posted the one to my WordPress blog, but it got too late for me to get it up here on my blogger.... Will be working on letter U today as well (still need to decide what word I want to concentrate on --- Toss up between Understanding or Unified Command.

Fighting fires takes TeamWork.  Well maybe not some small kitchen fire type one, but larger fires (like the kind a firefighter would be called on) - Those take teamwork.  You must be able to depend on your crew.  You must work together as a team and trust that each member is doing there job.  No one person is more or less important.  Every person has a job to do and each person does their job to the absolute best of their ability (no, better).

The most important parts of Teamwork are Communication (One of my choices for the lettter C - but Caution won out) and Harmony.  To work together you must communicate your needs to others of your team. and you must work together in harmony to get the job done efficiently and safely.  I cannot stress enough the importance of Teamwork.  Right up there with Safety and Awareness.

Remember  TEAMWORK is important and STAYSAFE!!

And for 5 new blogs that I found (not necessarily firefighter related)
  Babblin Grammy
  Ramblings of a Homeschooled Escapee
  Procrastinating Mommy
  My Mind
  Trish Nugent, Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment