Thursday, April 18, 2013

Un-Official #AtoZChallenge: O is for Observe & Obstacle

Now that I got yesterday's "N" out of the way I can get to today's post....

observeobstacles

I had a hard time choosing between "Observe" & "Obstacle"....  Both are very suitable words when it comes to discussing Firefighter, Paramedic (and, yes, police & military) safety.

Be sure you are always observing (I know, I'm beginning to sound like a broken record) what is going on around you.  Observe any Obstacles - Obstacles that might keep you from doing your job safely or from making a quick egress (should it become necessary)

Obstacles can be all sorts:  Debris in your pathway as you transgress through a building, A hysterical person getting in the way of you providing aid, A "first choice" egress that has become blocked or un-usable.  Be aware of existing Obstacles and of anything that could potentially become an obstacle to the safety of yourself and your crew.

Remember Observe and know your Obstacles AND StaySAFE!!

OK so random Blogs:
  SAMatters
  Firehousezen
  Unwired Medic  

  Writing and Ruminations
  The World of My Imagination
  Chasing Revery

No comments:

Post a Comment