Thursday, November 29, 2012

Random Topic Writing Challenge - Social Media


Okay so the word chosen from list today turns out to be Social-Media and we are starting the 5 minute timer.... Now!! What can I say about Social-Media? Well, for starters let's look at the word "Social Media" that implies - Social - correct?! And to be social implies a relationship - correct?! (Read: It's a Relationship Stupid by Robert Caruso from BundlePost). I recently posted on twitter (as well as on my FB page) my disgruntlement of receiving MTs & DMs with nothing more than a website (often using a short URL that tells me absolutely nothing about what said site is about. There's no lead up, no relationship no nothing just Whamm Bamm ------> unknown website ------> Thank You Ma'am (and even that last part is often left out). As you may guess my instantaneous (and often automatic) response to this is Report -----> Block. Don't even take time to view the website.... If you want me to take a look at something #1 establish a relationship with me and #2) give a reason = tell me what site is about and why I ought to take my time peruse said site. I may only be a lowly housewife who spends most all her time tweeting, FBing and blogging but still my time is important to me and I don't want to waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment