Sunday, November 18, 2012

Stupid Shit #8... Make sure to remove hot pads from the oven

As you can see, I renamed the category this kind of stuff is in to "Stupid Shit - Not To Do" I probably should have posted this last night as that's when it happened, but I got a little distracted and involved in other things.... Truth of the matter is I just never got around to it... So what's this "Stupid Shit" I'm referring too?..... Yesterday evening I was busy cooking dinner.... Steak, Potatoes, Green Beans I had just checked on the food and had closed everything up and walked away to deal with other things while dinner finished cooking. Much to my surprise Smoke started pouring from stove. My instant thought was that something was too close to the side wall of the oven or had fallen down unto the elements at the buttom... Opening the door I saw flames (just small ones so don't worry)... This is what the culprit was:
Apparently I had, inadvertently, dropped the hot pad into the oven without realizing it - Could have sworn that I had placed thing next to the stove. Pretty stupid huh?? Well atleast it was only a small fire and dinner didn't get ruined. Moral: ALWAYS make sure that hot-pads (and any other cloth like, flammable, material is removed from a hot oven before closing the oven door. If not you might end up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment