Sunday, November 25, 2012

Random Topic Writing Challenge - Parenting

Seems like.... Scratch that.... I HAVE been doing a terrible job on doing my Random Topic Writing Challenges every day. Heck the month of November is almost over and I've only managed to do - what - 10 of them (11 if you count the intro). Seems like every time I get the good intentions of following through on a challenge I seriously fail, but I won't get into all that.... On with the show.... I mean blog....

Parenting.... One of those jobs that you never know if it's a job well done until your child is all grown up and on their own. You do your best and hope you've done right. Hope that you didn't screw up somewhere along the lines; Hope that something you did or didn't do didn't screw your child up somehow; Hope that you raised your child (now adult) to make good and proper choices and to do the right thing. It is job w/ no pay and lots of frustration, but just as many rewards. You wonder how many times you'll say "This hurts me more than you" or "I do this cause I love you".... But, then there are those little moments where your child wants to hug & cuddle. Parenting doesn't come with a manual, there are no right answers - you just go through each day hoping your doing the right thing. I once asked my father (though I have no idea why now).... How do you know if you've raised your child right his answer was "You don't till there on their own = #TRUTH

No comments:

Post a Comment