Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Big Picture - All those different #SocialMedia Platforms

Just a little thought that had popped into mind in terms of Social Media Platforms. With so many different platforms out there and so many different ways for people to share and "like" it really becomes difficult to get a good picture of just how well you are doing. Personally I have a twitter account, FB account, Google+ account - as well as this blog and sister blog on Blogger (basically copies of blogs here - just a different platform for people who use that instead of this). Ohh yeah and lots not forget my Instagram account. I post on all the different platforms that I use (though I don't necessarily always get everything on every platform). To get a picture of how a specific post may have done basically requires to look at all the different platforms I'm using and see who shared/liked. The problem with this is that it is time consuming (and that's just one one post - can you imagine looking at every post?). Even getting a full picture of your "followers" can be a bit difficult (though not as much so as individual posts). In my case I don't have many followers so to go through and count up my over all followers would probably not be all that difficult (if I ever really wanted to take the time to do so), but for those with many followers it would be a bit more challenging to go through and look for duplicities (where one person is following on several platforms).

Sure there are several platforms (though I don't really know much about them) that supposedly combine everything together to give you a picture or idea of how your doing both on an individual post level as well as on a general - over all - level. ; But, it seems to me, that they don't always necessarily show everything.

So there you have my thoughts on that. Sorry to say, I am no expert when it comes to Social Media and Social Media Platforms. If you want to look at some "expert" blogs Here are some to peruse:

BundlePost
GunnarSpeaks
B2SocialMedia
Social Media Dudes

No comments:

Post a Comment